which DB to use?

Thank you very much for your help.
If I had to choose between MS SQL Server or or mysql, which would you recommend? I prefer nested subqueries, triggers, procedures etc supported by SQL Server but am completely unfamiliar with any problems that may be accociated with using Microsoft's product and PHP.

Ideally, I would use Oracle but it is probably outside of our budget.

- matt

Bastien Koert wrote:

Here is a basic connect script. I would stringly recommend against using access, use mysql instead.

<HTML>
 <HEAD>
 </HEAD>

 <BODY>

   <?php

     // Program to test connecting to a Microsoft Access ODBC Data Source
     $connection = odbc_connect("postcard", "", "");
     print "Connected to datasource<BR><BR>";

     if ($result = odbc_exec($connection, "SELECT * FROM postcard"))
       print "Command executed successfully<BR><BR>";
     else
       print "Error while executing command<BR><BR>";

// Print results
while(odbc_fetch_row($result))
print odbc_result($result, 1) . " " . odbc_result($result, 2) . " " . odbc_result($result, 3) . " " . odbc_result($result, 4) . " " . odbc_result($result, 5) . "<BR>";

     odbc_close($connection);
     print "<BR>Connection closed.";

   ?>

 </BODY>