Re: Which Database Abstraction Layer ?

Lester Caine wrote:
Ed Lazor wrote:

Has any performance testing been done between ADOdb and PEARdb?

Not recently. Personally I am still trying to benchmark engines within ADOdb against the latest Firebird.

This is an area where any results would be useful. There are speed comparisons on the ADOdb site, but they are a couple of years out of date. The ADOdb accelerator does make a difference if speed is a problem, but I don't have any major bottlenecks (YET) ;)

mysql: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=pear-dev&m=108239153527834&w=2

ibase:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=pear-dev&m=108240351804395&w=2

there are other interesting points being discussed through out this thread but with a noteably focus on the pear abstraction layers.

regards,
Lukas