Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE

Hi Dani et al..

The guys at MySQL turned this off for security reasons. :( They and SuSE say
that you can turn it back on, but I've never been able to get it to work.

There are two ways to handle this, first you have to use "LOAD DATA INFILE".
The file then needs to be either in /tmp and readable by everyone (this is
best). Or the way I do it is put in the same dir where the database is,
ie /var/lib/mysql/databaseXXX. The problem with this is that you have to
change the premissions. Which is not a good idea on an internet machine.

Hope this helps,

JIM

--
Jim Hatridge