images in db

How do you accualty stor jpegs in a mysql db? And what's the pros and cons
of storing the whole image in the db and not just the path to the file on
the server?

It feels to me that it can be a bit difficult to organize the images if
they're just placed in a directory on the server. It would be esier just to
keep the images within the db so that if I need to erase a row in the db the
images will be erased too without any extra work for me...

.bobo