Re: [PHP] Best table structure

Tom,

For a start, this is off-topic, and you also cross-posted - please don't do so.

Have a look at this article: http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/intro-to-normalization.html

I prefer simpler tables, so I would use the structure you have suggested, with the possible addition of a date field and a field to indicate the source of the ranking.

With the proper use of indexes, the fetching of results is extremely fast; you don't have to worry about table size. Figure out the questions you have to ask of the information, and then decide what inputs you need to answer them.

Regards - Miles Thompson