Re: images in db

"Bobo Wieland" <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:000c01c45eb1$858673a0$5cea1e0a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> How do you accualty stor jpegs in a mysql db? And what's the pros and cons
> of storing the whole image in the db and not just the path to the file on
> the server?
>
> It feels to me that it can be a bit difficult to organize the images if
> they're just placed in a directory on the server. It would be esier just
> keep the images within the db so that if I need to erase a row in the db
the
> images will be erased too without any extra work for me...

Hi,

use the BLOB column type for storing binary data in MySQL. But usually this
is not recommended because it will quickly blow up your DB size. IMHO, files
belong on the file system/hard disk. With PHP you can create/modify and
delete directories so there is every utility to create the required
directory structure. Store the files on the server and manage the file names
and there structure in the database.

Regards,

Torsten Roehr