Re: Linux/PHP/Access Database - oh boy :(

Alex Gemmell wrote:

Yep - I could do that...

Or I could use this: http://www.cynergi.net/exportsql/

I haven't tried "exportsql" yet, it probably will fall over or be a
nightmare to get going knowing my current run of luck!

Let's all put our hands together and pray that it works (and for world peace
or something).

Alex

May I suggest you look at the Firebird DBMS as well? Doesn't require drivers and is self-contained.

Check it out at http://firebird.sourceforge.net/

The latest versions of PHP have a built-in extension for it, so it should be relatively smooth sailing, as long as you don't have much trouble converting the DB. For the task of converting the database, I suggest you write a script that you will run on your local machine, which reads all the records in the Access db and then inserts them in the Firebird db (SELECT from one side, INSERT into the other). Should be pretty painless to do this every once in a while.

   Bruno Ferreira
---