Re: Stumped with proper query & display

Ok

Lets say for simplicity sake that I have 3 tables:

table one: contact
id
choice

table two: cust
id
first
last
title
company

table three: industry
id
industry
industry_other

So --- for example in table contact I may have:

id -> 1
choice -> choice#1
id ->1
choice ->choice#6

in table cust I may have

id -> 1
first -> John
last -> Doe
title -> pres
company -> ibm

in table industry I may have

id - > 1
industry -> computers
industry_other -> null

So --- I guess I need to run a join query or 3 queries.  I need to display as such:

id     name             industry        contact
1      John Doe      computers     choice#1,choice#6

As you can see, I will need to display more than one record for a given id from the contact table.

Does this make more sense?  I'm not sure how to do the query and display the result...

Any guidance is greatly appreciated...I'll name my first born after you !  Or my next dog :)

mignon

>>> "Ricardo Lopes" <lopes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/26/04 10:54AM >>>
i dont understand this part:

"What's the smartest way to do the query ? I have 5 different tables I need
to query.  I guess I can get the data I want by selecting all from the 5
tables then parsing"

Send your tables structure.