changing properties of an image dynamicly

Hi,

how can I change the size-properties of an image that I take from
a database dynamicly to a new format. The original picture can be
different in size and should become a new fixed size.

Also interessting for me is when I have s list of pictures with
different original size and I will reduze the size to display all the
pictures of the list but if there are more pictures the picutures are
smaller than the list have less entries.

This are two seperate questions.

Regards,
Ruprecht