Re: Re: PHP & MSSQL

personally, i had luck with the statement below, but have sent it to others
in the past and they had varying results.  but give this a shot at the top
of your page that your PHP code is running on.

mssql_query("set textsize 65536");

hth
Jeff

                      "Adam Presley"
                      <adam@it-storm.co        To:       php-db@lists.php.net
                      m>                       cc:
                                               Subject:   Re: PHP & MSSQL
                      08/11/2003 10:26
                      AM

I know what you're going through here. In MS SQL you can define a VARCHAR
up
to about 8000 characters, but your PHP mssql_query command only returns 255
(0 - 254) characters. I then tried using the TEXT datatype. TEXT datatype
in
MS SQL allows somewhere around 2 billion characters. However, the PHP
mssql_query command only returns 4096 characters every time. This appear to
be a limitation of the PHP MSSQL commands.

20030811101834.97025.qmail@pb1.pair.com">news:20030811101834.97025.qmail@pb1.pair.com...