Re: Downloading Database?!?!

You can create a batch file like this or if you want it to be in a web
interface much like phpmyadmin, but with your backup scheme you can use
the load data outfile command. This page from the mysql manual describes
both the infile and outfile methods:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/LOAD_DATA.html. This will tell you how to
use the syntax for the text files. It will let you do it with tabs,
commas, etc. Then you can use php to create the interface for your new
guy and make it as simple or complex as you like, but you don't even
have to use the filesystem functions to do it this way. Which does make
it a little simpler so that you can plan for 14 weeks of whatever you're
doing.
David Smith