Re: question about '

In article <001301c34837$63199d10$0101a8c0@chrisu8knchy5g>,
chris@planetoxygene.com says...
> Hi there,
>
> The problem is the data is already in the DB, it was mass-added with the '
> already there, what I need is a way to retrieve the ' that is already in the
> DB.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris
>
> > yes, by adding stripslashes it will somewhat escape those quotes ('),
> > but when displaying the results there will not be any need to do so.
> > unless it is your wish to actually store the backslash into the db.
> >

> > Jerry wrote:
> >
> > >I think you should use addslashes to store the text in the database and
> > >then stripslashes when displaying the text.  I think that should work,
> > >but I'm new to PHP so I might be wrong.
> > >
> > >Jerry

Is it possible that this is one of the Microsoft Word 'smart quote' things
and you are displaying it in other than IE? You may need to track down the
ascii value for it/them and run a conversion on your data prior to
display.

I have found this happens where people copy/paste data from MS Word to
input forms.

--
Quod subigo farinam

$email =~ s/oz$/au/o;