Re: md5 question!

Speaking of MD5 hashes, I had the idea and the wherewithal to build a site
that had a huge pile of passwords and their various matching MD5 hashes,
crypts using all 26^2 salts, etc.  People could submit passwords (or
request that passwords be removed); I'd initially populate it with
passwords built from rules used in applications like "john."  It would
allow sysadmins SOAP access to see if a password was "insecure" quickly and
easily.  However, the down side to this is that script-kiddies could use
the database to break passwords if they can get their grubby little hands
on it.

I know this is PHP/MySQL list, but I'd write it in PHP/MySQL so it is sort
of related.  I'd like to hear your thoughts on the pros and cons of such a
database.

Beckman