Re: md5 question!

Just use brute force...
Example:
md5('password') will ALWAYS produce the same output!
So, if I intercept a pmd5 encrypted password that looks like: SKHGDOIUYFB
then I could just say:
if (strcmp (md5('password'), SKHGDOIUYFB) == 0)
  printf("Your password is: %s\n", password);

So, just start a loop going through all possible combinations od legal password
character and encrypt with md5, then compare.

Hard?  Not at all, Time consuming, perhaps, but with 3+ Ghz processors coming
out you'd be surprised how quickly one could loop through billlions of possible
password combinations.  Enter distributed environments and it is much fatser.
The key is not to rely on passwords but to rely on other system security
messures, use SSL, so it is hard to intercept in the first place, make sure
your system is secure so these passwords cannot be extracted from your DB
without you knowing about it, etc...