Re: Re: ODBTP, a possible solution for MS-SQL and other

Hello,

On 04/22/2003 12:02 PM, Robert Twitty wrote:
This is true, but the ODBTP extension provides better support for ODBC
than the one included with PHP.  Unless I am doing something wrong, I have
the following issues with this extension:

- nvarchar and ntext data is converted to single byte characcter, which
means that only US-ASCII characters will be properly converted.

- Cannot process prepared statements like {? = call AddName(?,?)}

- odbc_fetch_array does not work, and unless no one is reading the user
comments on the PHP Manual, it has been noted.

Yes, I would say many backwards incompatible changes were made and that function works differently depending on the PHP version you are using. Many developers are aware of those differences and call that function differently depending on the PHP version.

- NULL data is returned as empty strings.

That was a bug and was fixed not a very long time ago.

- datatime data can only be read and sent in character format.

Is that a problem? I thought a ISO 8601 text format was the standard format for date and time values regardless of the underlying database.

Also, I needed a solution that would work exactly the same on both Win32
and UNIX platforms when connecting to MSSQL.

That is no problems as long as your API provides a compatible superset of the features of the current ODBC API.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos