Re: Re: ODBTP, a possible solution for MS-SQL and other

Hello,

On 04/22/2003 10:39 AM, Robert Twitty wrote:
I am not sure if this would work on a Win32 installation of PHP, where the
odbc extension is not optional. And, if I used the odbc_ prefix, would
this cause a conflict?

OTOH, you do not need this extension under Windows because you can use the real ODBC drivers. It is exactly the same with ODBC interface with IBM DB2, SAP DB, etc... So, that is not a real problem.

I think you have greater chances to see your efforts embraced by the PHP
community if you manage to make your API work under the unified ODBC API
that also serves many types of PHP databases that are not really ODBC
but provide a compatible API library including the odbc_ prefix to the
function names.

That way developers that already have ODBC based code would not have to
change (much) their code to make it work with your extension. That would
mean a much greater user base adoption real soon now.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos