Re: Interacting with Access on a Unix Server!

Been down this road many times and its a real real real real headache.
Issues will be mainly microshaft eg different platforms, Smb locks on access, different versions of odbc (installed by applications) on different wind os's and all the service packs... You'll also have fun with trying to sync but the record may be page locked.

As an example we recently had a customer who would not abandon his Access. After sending him support bills over six months he said this is really expensive. We said its expensive and the problem is yours, give up access cos its crap. Since we converted him to sql we haven't heard ;-)

Cam wrote:
Hey,

    I'm working with an existing Access Database and need to transfer the
data to a mySQL database.  The problem is, my organization continuously
updates the Access DB and the mySQL database will need to be synced to the
Access DB on a regular basis.
    The server runs on UNIX, so it doesn't support the ODBC functionality...
And I need a way to connect to the Access database using PHP.  If any of you
have any advice, it would be much appreciated.  Thanks,

Cam