schedule events

Hi everybody,

My question is pretty easy, so i hope the answer too :)

Here it comes, I am programming an online schedule, and I need to know at a
certain moment, how many events can occur, for instance, how many tasks to
be done at 9:00 am, with the problem that users can insert tasks selecting
hour and minute of start and end time, for instance, item1 takes from 8:00
to 9:50, item 2 from 8:45 to 9:10, so at 9:00 it should return 2 items
concurring...

Thanks in advance for any help,

josemaria sala