PHP script execution - display issue

Hello,
I have a display problem with one of my sites.
Because there is an big amount of information in the pages, which is
extracted from database, using IE browser I see only the background of
the site, and then, after a time, the whole page.
My client has recently requested to make something to improve the site
speed and display time.
So because all the site is done using the classes, and the information
is extracted through them, I reduced the instruction numbers, and I
compacted as much as I could the classes. But I still have the display
problem using IE browser : I see the background, and just after that I
see the whole site.
I mention that the classes are included, and the class function is
called through $this_class->function($parameters); Not all the classes
used in the page are called In the beginning; and another mention is
that the site pages contains 4 sections. Top, left, middle, & right.

My question is:
Is there a way to display sequentially the site. After the background,
to display the first section (top), then left part, middle part and
right part after that ?
Again, the site loads like this : the background, then the whole page.
This doesn't matter if I use dial-up or T1.
My client saw, for example, that cnn or yahoo site loads sequentially.
Knowing that yahoo is done in php, I'm wondering how they did it.

Thanks
Petre Nicoara