RE: php session

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 02:43, John W. Holmes wrote:

> No, it shouldn't.
>
> So, the links are correct on one page, and they disappear on the second
> page? Is there a reason you're passing the SID in the URL and not using
> cookies?
>
> Hmmm, found this in the manual. Maybe it applies?
>
> ---
> The constant SID can also be used to retrieve the current name and
> session id as a string suitable for adding to URLs. Note that SID is
> only defined if the client didn't sent the right cookie. See also
> Session handling.
> ---
>
> You may have to call session_id() with the passed value of
> $_GET['PHPSESSID'] so that PHP knows what session to restart.
>
> ---John Holmes...

The reason I'm not using cookies is because i don't really know enough
about them yet (i don't really know enough about sessions either :p). Do
you think it would be better for me to generate my own unique number and
set that in the cookie? Will i have to keep calling SetCookie() on every
page?

One thing i should have mentioned in my previous email, even though it
isn't that relevant i don't think, is that if i omit the SID constant
from the URL string then PHP automatically appends the SID to the URL
its self, but again it disappears after a link has been clicked.