RE: php session

All of the evidence you have presented, and especially this, suggests that
PHP is automatically using cookies to store the SID.  When this is the case,
you see the SID on the first page served by PHP (because it hasn't set the
cookie yet!), but on all subsequent pages it disappears and the SID is
propagated using a cookie.  You *can* configure this to work differently,
but, speaking purely personally, I don't see the point.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: m.ford@lmu.ac.uk