RE: php session

> I'm having a little trouble getting sessions to work properly with
php.
> I have put session_start(); on all pages before any data is printed.
The
> session will start on the first loading of the page but after a link
is
> clicked the session seems to die i have no idea why.
>
> for the links on the pages i have included the SID constant like so:
link
> is clicked the links them appear to lose the reference to the SID
> constant so instead of looking like

> they look like

> the session_start(); isn't right at the start of the pages, its a few
> lines after but none of the lines before session_start(); print any
> data, they only store data in variables...does that matter??

No, it shouldn't.

So, the links are correct on one page, and they disappear on the second
page? Is there a reason you're passing the SID in the URL and not using
cookies?

Hmmm, found this in the manual. Maybe it applies?

---
The constant SID can also be used to retrieve the current name and
session id as a string suitable for adding to URLs. Note that SID is
only defined if the client didn't sent the right cookie. See also
Session handling.
---

You may have to call session_id() with the passed value of
$_GET['PHPSESSID'] so that PHP knows what session to restart.

---John Holmes...