java-like API

I have a java application that I am porting to php, and of course I've
looking at frameworks that provide wrapper classes that provide a near
Java-like API since I just want to port the application, not re-invent
the plumbing.  Not looking for a full implementation of all Java
interfaces, just the most common (Hashmap, File, ...).  I found php2go
which seems to fit the bill, but it seems that development for this
stopped as the last release was 2 years ago.

Can anybody comment on the state of php2go?  Alternatively, can anybody
recommend a similar framework.