Re: Web Developer with background in Wordpress (Philippines ONly)

In message <48BA7915.6020208@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Tom Whitbread
<tom@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>Yeh good point, I work with several guys over Europe and what I earn is
>litrelly double in their countries, they also get paid more then me
>because of their status in the projects. That's anoying for me as my
>cost of living is alot higher.
>
>I see what your saying and there is no magic fix for it, apart from
>employers being more understanding

Actually, there is...

You are paid what you are paid, because The Man thinks that that amount
is what you are worth.   He employs you because of the financial benefit
that you add to his business.

If you are paid $10 per hour, and someone offers you $100 per hour,
would you stay with the employer "because you are understanding"? It
works both ways, the employer is after value for his business, you are
after payment.

If you can improve your value - more study, more... who knows, anything
that means that you can give more value to your employers business -
note, not more skills, but more value.  when you have done that, decide
what you are worth.

If he doesn't want to give it you, find another boss who will give you
what you are worth.

If no-one will give it you, you have miscalculated what you are worth.

Back to the top, and start again.

(but I fear that this has little to do with PHP Objects...)

--
Pete Clark

Sunny Andalucia
http://hotcosta.com/Andalucia.Spain