Re: Web Developer with background in Wordpress (Philippines ONly)

No offense, I'm not being racist or stereotypical but in my experience
it is a solid fact that outsourcing your software development will
result in atleast 2 of these 3.

1. End up paying the same as you would in your own country (for me UK)
because of under quoting and the low level of professionalism
2. Development time will be at minimum 2 months longer then in the UK
due to poor communication and constantly re-explaining the specification
3. The code will be "crazy spaghetti" and poorly optimized making it
litrelly impossible to quickly change / hack new features in to your
application without redeveloping large chunks of code

oh and there's always tonnes of bugs which do not get fixed because of
communication / skills - but that can happen in any country

As the saying goes "you get what you pay for", it also obscene to say
this is a global marketplace so lets lower our prices. This is a global
marketplace to like any building contractors, refining processor or
factory lets have unions and standardized rates. IMO It makes perfect
sense as then it is a level playing field.

Tom