Regarding Sending SMS

Hi All,
  I am new to php and I am doing one consultancy project.In that i need to send sms to jobseekers.Please tell me how to do sending sms task.Please help me.I have to buy any webservices for this or is there any free webservices are available.Please send a code for sending sms.

thank you inadvance

vijaya