Re: how to host a site in LAN?

Hie there how are you.

If all your computers are linked through or to one main server then
that would be much easier. What you will need to do is to do is you
might even use your own comjputer as the server by installing the
wamp on your machine and save your home page the index in the www
folder so that its the first to be accessed. Then go to your server
and access the page remotely and if you are using windows server os
on server go to File then add site to local intranet.

You will also realise that you can access any page on another
machine over the network by simply typing in the address bar like
this lets say the host machine is named myserver; and there is an
index page in the www folder;

If you can access the page on the same computer by typing localhost
then you can also access it from another machine by typing
the computer name instead of localhost.

e.g
if its localhost/mysite/
then its myserver/mysite/

By that it should allow you to access the page by simply typing
http://compname/

Any page that you add to your local intranet of the server can be
accessed by any machine at any point on the network.

this is how I host my own local intranet here at our company with my
machine with XP thats were the database is also.