Re: insterting data into table.

Dear Tarun

[I made a correction in my previous code.]

The problem you stated here is related to merging two tables into
one. You want to do it with a php script page. But for this job, you
don't need page redirection. If you nedd page redirection for anoher
reason...pls describe your prob more detail.

For MySQL:

If you have table1 defined with the columns or fields (product_code ,
image_path , product_name) and table2 with the columns (product_code,
size, ...other details), just make required new columns in table2
with dummy values like "abc" or null; the columns should be same as
those in table1 (e.g. image_path, product_name). Now get all values
form table1 and then insert the values into table2 using UPDATE
command and matching the primary key. Example follows (without noting
connection):

For PHP:

$query1 = "SELECT * from table1;";
$rows = mysql_query($query);
//...you can add check for successful query (Optional)

foreach($rows as $row)
{
$product_code_from_table1 = $row["product_code"];
$query2 = "UPDATE table2 SET field_1=value_1,...,field_n = value_n
where product_code=$product_code_from_table1;"
$result=mysql_query($query2);
//...you can add check for successful query (Optional)
}

Hope it will work...(if any syntax error, i m sorry...in such a case
you should find out the errors in the code or can ask for further
help).

N.B.: For more help, $query2 should be as follows:
$query2 = "UPDATE table2 SET image_path=$row['image_path']...
where product_code=$product_code_from_table1;"

BR
Masud

--- In php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tarun" <tarun.virgo@...> wrote:

> hello friends,
>
> i have two diff tables. in mysql.
>
> one table has ( product code , image path , product name)
> 2nd table has ( product code, size, other details)
>
> now i want to make them a single table.
>

> i thought that....i make a php script, which calls product code
from one table, matches with other table, and then select the DETAILS
from one table and insert in 2nd table

> so i want to make a URL redirect script.
>
> can you help me out to write a redirect script. or suggest me what
is the automatic redirect code , which redirects to specified url in
2 seconds. So a automatic page reloading happens and data is
transferred to another table.