  From: Daniel Israel
  To: php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 12:02 AM
  Subject:  PHP/MySQL question

  Hi all,

  Happy New Year.

  I'm working on an application and had a couple of related PHP/MySQL
  questions.

  1. When I do a MySQL query, is there a way to get the returned columns in
  the query without fetching a row? Currently, what I'm doing is fetching a
  row of data and getting the keys from the array. I'd like to do it without
  fetching the row. Is this possible?

  2. If #1 above is indeed possible, is this only possible when I get returned
  rows or can I do it when there are no matching rows in the query?

  Thanks for any help!

  -D. Israel
  dan@xxxxxxxx
  http://www.customcodebydan.com