From: php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Brian Etheridge
Sent: 14 November 2007 13:52
To: php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  String Error Trying To Specify File Path

Hi Rob,
That has been my experience, too.  If I want to add \n to my output I
use double quoted strings.

I suspect \' is an escape sequence which is supported within single
quotes so that single quotes can be included in such output, otherwise
you'd always have to surround text which contained a single quote with
double quotes - quite inconvenient.

I wonder if there are any other escape characters suported inside single
quotes?

Brian

Any opinions expressed in email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of the company. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient
or entity to whom they are addressed. It may contain material protected by attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.

Random House Group + 44 (0) 20 7840 8400
http://www.randomhouse.co.uk
http://www.booksattransworld.co.uk
http://www.kidsatrandomhouse.co.uk
Generic email address - enquiries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Name & Registered Office:
THE RANDOM HOUSE GROUP LIMITED
20 VAUXHALL BRIDGE ROAD
LONDON
SW1V 2SA
Random House Group Ltd is registered in the United Kingdom with company No. 00954009, VAT number 102838980