Re: Need To Develop a search engine

In message <449543.47625.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Anees ul haq
<anees_a2001@xxxxxxxxx> writes
>Hi,
>
>I have developed a web portal and now I need to develop a search engine for this
>portal. Can any body tell me the best technique to develop a search engine, I
>will really appreciate if you help me to sort it out. What changing required at
>db level and what are the code standards to develop a search engine for web
>site. If there is any ready made control let me know and how it works.
>
>Thanks to all.

You should save the relevant data from each page into a record on MySQL,
and use full text database.

One example of a tutorial is at
http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/1304

You could also add Google search to your site, it's just a few clicks.
They search what they already have in their database about your website.

It isn't the best way to do it, because unless you are sure that Google
already have 100% of your pages listed (on Google), then some pages will
be missing.  Plus if you do any updates to your site, you will have to
wait for Google to recognise the changes have been made.

Adding Google search does not mean you will get better listings, or more
pages added to Google, because they only use what they already have.

Bite the bullet, build your own...

--
Pete Clark

Sunny Andalucia