Re: Re: Need To Develop a search engine

As you can read on the website to the link I sent:

Apache Lucene

Apache Lucene is a high-performance, full-featured text search engine
library written entirely in Java. It is a technology suitable for nearly
any application that requires full-text search, especially cross-platform.

Features

Lucene offers powerful features through a simple API:
Scalable, High-Performance Indexing

    * over 20MB/minute on Pentium M 1.5GHz
    * small RAM requirements -- only 1MB heap
    * incremental indexing as fast as batch indexing
    * index size roughly 20-30% the size of text indexed

Powerful, Accurate and Efficient Search Algorithms

    * ranked searching -- best results returned first
    * many powerful query types: phrase queries, wildcard queries,
proximity queries, range queries and more
    * fielded searching (e.g., title, author, contents)
    * date-range searching
    * sorting by any field
    * multiple-index searching with merged results
    * allows simultaneous update and searching

Cross-Platform Solution

    * Available as Open Source software under the Apache License which
lets you use Lucene in both commercial and Open Source programs
    * 100%-pure Java
    * Implementations in other programming languages available that are
index-compatible

This is all information you can find on its website too, so if you want
to know more => have a look at it!

--

.. UND EIN RIESIGES SCHAF WIRD VOM HIMMEL FALLEN UND DIE WELT RETTEN!!!
ACH IHR GLÜCKLICHEN  ;-)