Re: Help a newbie

Since it appears you are expecting more than one row to be returned,
you might look into using a loop.
Perhaps something along the lines of:

while ($arr=mssql_fetch_array($result,MSSQL_ASSOC)) {

echo $arr['RateSheetId']."<br>";
echo $arr['RateSheetName']."<br>";

}

I agree that you do need to make sure your naming is consistent
between the array elements and the field names.
$arr['RateSheetId'] is not always the same as $arr['ratesheetid']

I have to disagree in that I find nothing wrong with the naming of
variables the same as a field name and that "ratesheetID" will prove
much less confusing in the long run than simply "usrID".
What happens should there ever be a "usr_foo" table?
You then potentially have 2 "usrID" floating around instead of
"ratesheetID" and "fooID".

Conversely, putting a bit of forethought in the basic database design
will go a long way towards avoiding the potential for confusion also.