Re: Help a newbie

In message <es5msb+oa7a@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ankit.mathur82
<ankitmathur82@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>However, I'm as of now stuck with a simple select query itself.
>
>While the query is being processed I'm unable to store it in a array
>n display the result on screen.

(I don't think that this is what you mean - while it is being processed?
You won't get the information until AFTER the query has been processed.)

>Here's the part of the page I've developed -------

>$num=mssql_num_rows($result);

What do you get in $num?

>$sql="select ratesheetid, ratesheetname from usr_ratesheet";
>
>$ratesheetid=$arr['RateSheetId'];
>$ratesheetname=$arr['RateSheetName'];

Is the field name ratesheetid or RateSheetId?

Slightly different points,

I think that you will find it confusing later if you have variables with
the same names as field names, I always make them slightly different.

I would also not name the fields ratesheetid, etc., as it is in a table
called ratesheet.  I always use three letters at the beginning of a
field name to clarify the table, so this would be ursID and ursName

--
Pete Clark

Sunny Andalucia
http://www.hotcosta.com/comm_1.htm