RE: How to apply css to a table that is the only item in a php file please

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the quick response.

My learning curve time at the moment is severely
restricted at the moment, because of family
problems - so am not able to go down a new road
with linking to a database.  Also I need to see
the entries in the table in front of me and then
apply the different styles to the various cells.

The link for the styles is a linked file and will
just stick it anywhere on that page - I would have
preferred it to be a compliant if possible, but
unless anyone can find a way to do this and still
make it compliant, then that's how I'll look at
doing it.

Any help appreciated.

Chris.

Of Atkinson, Robert
> Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 1:22 PM
> To: php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE:  How to apply css to a
table that
> is the only item in a php file please
>
> Chris, although it's not HTML 4 compliant, you
can stick a
> stylesheet <link>
> anywhere in the page, and most browsers will
pull it in.

> So, try putting the style sheet link in your
stand-alone
> page, and you can
> then alter the styles, assuming you're using a
linked file.
> If not, you're
> back to putting the style code into the
stand-alone file as
> well. This may
> not be a bad idea anyway, giving it a specific
class of it's own.

> You say the table is changed on a daily basis -
who/how is
> this changed and
> what data goes into it? As I said before, you
need to understand your
> application (or perhaps I should say 'we') in
order to make
> it manageable.
>
> If the data's being changed, then some kind of
database driven dynamic
> content would be a better solution, using a <a
> href='getpage?content=xxx'>
> call (as previously suggested by the group).
>
> Rob.
>
>   _____

table that is
> the only item in a
> php file please
>

> In the page that has just the one table that is
> be included in the other 2 pages, there's some
> heavy css going on, plus the text in the table
> gets changed quite a lot on a daily basis.
> Usually, in my program, I can highlught the text
> that needs a different css applied to it and
click
> on the css style that applies to it, but because
> the page only has the one table and nothing
else,
> there's no mention of the link to the styles
page?

> Anyone know what I'm talking about ;-)
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Chris

PHP Data object relational mapping generator
http://www.metastorage.net/
Yahoo! Groups Links