RE: Is it possible for part of a page to be a php include ?

Hi Rob,

You've been more than helpful.

I think I might just put the table in a separate
page that only has that table and perhaps link the
other 2 pages to it.

Or any other ideas?

Chris

Of Atkinson, Robert
> Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:04 PM
> To: php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE:  Is it possible for
part of a page
> to be a php include ?
>
> As both domains are on the same server, then
Michael's
> previously posted
> methods of doing a path include should work, as
long as you
> have access to
> all the required directories.
>
> You say there's CSS involved. Is this is in a
separate CSS
> file, you'll need
> to pull that in as well, but I think you can
simply use a
> <link> tag pointed
> at the other site for that.
>
> Only you can decide how far to go with all this.
My suspicion
> is that you'd
> just be better off holding a local copy of the
table on each
> site and calling
> it in, but it all depends on how often you'll
change it.
> Because it's not
> dynamically created, I can't see much gain in
trying to link
> everything
> together.
>
> I quite often have to sit back and ask myself
the question -
> is it really
> worth the effort to invent some jiggery-pokery
that's really
> wizzy, when it
> probably won't ever be used or appreciated!
Quite often you
> realise the
> answer is no. More often, you'll create
something that's very flat and
> static, then end up trying to use it all over
the place, and
> wishing you'd
> made it more dynamic. Ahhh, the fun of
programming :)

> Rob.
>
>   _____

other
> tables on another website and need to include
that
> table in another page in amongst other tables on
> another website as well, with no databases
> involved. The table also has css applied to it
for
> different colours for the various cells.
>
> If this can't be done, then no worries.
>
> http://www.130605.com/comingfrom
>
> http://www.011005.com/goingto
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Chris

PHP Data object relational mapping generator
http://www.metastorage.net/
Yahoo! Groups Links