Re: referer

it is legal, legit and moral. If you have a socket connection for
example, you can set your own header with referrer, user agent and so on
Some other legit methods include proxy, remote access and so on...
for this project, the client simply doesn't want to let a web-site know
where do their visitors are coming from.
cookies are not safe, because you or someone accessing your computer
can view & edit a cookie stored on your computer, so sessions are
proffered as they are server side and this sort of actions are not possible
Referrers can be used by big sites to trace you down, and see where
you're coming from and what you were ding before accessing their site.
Cookies too...so how is that legit, legal or the right thing to do ?
Gili
ps: any real suggestions on how to do it  ?
> Subject: Re: referer
>
> Wow. I doubt that's legal, legit, or right to do. ;)
> I also seriously doubt you might convince mozilla otherwise.
> Browser security issues wreak havoc on very legitimate endeavors
> regarding cookies, sessions and the like, while what you're proposing
> sounds very much like attempts to breach security protocols. For
> example, if you could do this, I think you could very easily take it
> the additional short step to hijacking a session or cookie. Please
> tell me this is a trick question from your exam and not a real job
> project.
>
> -m

PHP Data object relational mapping generator
http://www.metastorage.net/
Yahoo! Groups Links