Re: allowed characters in ID values

Without looking it up, I don't know, but to me using anything but alpha
characters makes it a pain to type, and if you try using an underscore,
not only is it hard to type, it's hard to SAY.  Some people (still)
don't know an at sign ("@") from a pound sign ("#") from an ampersand
("&"), so it makes it harder to communicate spellings of your names/id's.

My "standard" is to start a word/label/id with lowercase, then any
subsequent "words" start with a capital... e.g. nameFirst, nameLast,
addrLine1, addrCity, addrZipCode. Much easier to type and never gotta
worry about legal characters.

Paul