-----Original Message-----
From: richard gray <richgray@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 7:59 PM

Hi Steve

Seems from the list above that the php.ini is not being loaded for v8.1 (I presume it shows a path for v8.0?) - to truly test side by side then ideally both versions should be loading the same php.ini settings. You should raise this as an issue with your hosting provider and once resolved try your tests again

Some links below indicate that v8.1 *should* be quicker than v8.0:-

https://stitcher.io/blog/php-81-performance-in-real-life
https://pc-mind.com/is-php-8-1-faster-than-php-8-0-should-i-upgrade-to-php-8-1/
https://serverdiary.com/linux/benchmark-php-8-1-vs-php-8-0-php-7-4-php-7-3-php-7-0-php-5-6-and-php-5-5/

HTH