Php on MacOS?

Hello;

I have a new Mac mini with Big Sur and I see in the phpinfo script that
php is no longer going to be included by default in the built in Apache
server on MacOS.

Can I get some advice on how best to install php beyond the current
version the comes with Big Sur?

I am aware of Macports
and home brew and MAMP.

But I have not dealt with macports or home brew.

I do have a MAMP installation on one of my older
iMacs.

I have experience with FreeBSD and have compiled
and installed the various resources from source code
to make a dev server and even self hosting several
FreeBSD servers.

I also have installed from FreeBSD ports but that was
more problematic than compiling and installing from
source even though it was far less work.

I would also need php CLI as I have written some CLI
scripts.

Thank you for time and attention:
JK