Re: Hoping for a working example of SFTP in PHP

The ssh2 module is actually /not/ maintained by PHP itself (that is,
it's not a "core" extension that's included with PHP), but rather a
third-party one available from PECL (the 3rd party extension repository
for PHP). Some PHP developers work on ssh2, but it's a side thing for
them. As such, I wouldn't hold it to the same standards I would to the
rest of PHP. I know because I had to add a missing feature in ssh2.

What PHP does to muddle the ground a bit is that they include the
documentation for the 3rd party extensions on php.net like the core
extensions, with easy to miss labels. As such, people could be mislead
- in fact, they have! I remember an amusing Twitter thread about the
'gender' extension, where people assumed it was a weird built-in PHP
feature, but it wasn't.