RE: php installation in different location

On 2016-03-28 18:52, Christos Moustakakis wrote:
./configure --prefix=/opt <other options>
1. What other options? I need an installation for running websites.
Could you tell me the full command I have to run?

I decided a couple years ago that I would always run the latest version on my local box for dev purposes. So I started by looking at the configure string my distribution version was built with.

Easy way to do that is to run phpinfo() from the cli or output it to a page. Either way, one of the first things it outputs is the ./configure line used to build your distro's PHP package.

From their, I installed all my systems standard development tools packages recommended for performing standard software builds.

Then I downloaded and tried to build PHP. At this point, the ./configure output errors will tell you everything else you are missing.

Trust me, depending on the options you specify for ./configure, you will need to install a lot of *-devel packages to complete the build process.

But what *-devel packages you need to install, depends greatly on what modules you want to build into your custom version of PHP.

2. How can I uninstall a php version in order to install the latest one?
Thank you.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Could you tell me how can I install a second version of php in a
different location in ubuntu 14.04?

./configure --prefix=/opt <other options>
--Jim lucas

--
Jim Lucas
http://cmsws.com