Re: Re: ZipArchive headache

On May 5, 2015, at 3:36 PM, Christoph Becker wrote:

Jeffry Killen wrote:

1: ZipArchive::ER_MULTIDISK|Multi-disk zip archives not supported:
test-2.zip

I just found <https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=60348>, where the same
meaningless result was returned.  It turned out to be related to
symlinked directories.  Can you please verify, Jeffry?

Well, I haven't worked with any symlinked directories. And I have not worked with any linked or aliased resources in a web server context or otherwise. So it would require me to get familiar with that scenario first, to test it out.
(if that is what you mean by verify)

I have set up and administered FreeBSD and Linux systems for running
web, mail, and DNS servers using the command line and have only
very brief acquaintance with links and never any need for them other
than in compiling and installing from source tarballs.

There are hard links and soft links, if I remember correctly are also
referred to as sym, or symbolic links, and I never really got the difference accept that the soft link can be across file systems. But this is off topic.

I will have to get back to you in that regard.

JK