Re: GD Library help

On 23-3-2015 16:02, Tedd Sperling wrote:
Hi gang:

Call to undefined function imagettftext()

My first assumption was that the college did not have the GD library installed, but that was not true.

Using the following script:

<?php
echo('<pre>');
var_dump(gd_info());
echo('</pre>');
?>

On both servers produces:

College:

http://citw.lcc.edu/~sperlt/citw185/examples/a1.php

and

PHP1.net

http://php1.net/a1.php

I do see some differences in the settings, but I don't know if these are causing the error generated -- AND -- I do not know where I can go to change the GD settings IF that is needed.

Any suggestions as to what I should do -- or -- what is wrong?

Looking at your gd_info output you can see that your college server has:
["FreeType Support"]=>
  bool(false)
And the "php1.net" one has:
["FreeType Support"]=>
  bool(true)

The TTF in the imagettftext function name stands for TrueTypeFont which is only supported in GD if PHP was compiled --with-freetype-dir=xxx or --enable-gd-native-ttf. Clearly one was, and the other wasn't.

More info can be found in the PHP manual: http://www.php.net/manual/en/image.installation.php

- Tul

---