Access to Git Repos within PHP

I haven't noticed this question asked before, so I'll ask it.

Is there a "fully-baked" solution for using git to manage, say, blog
posts and manage the whole thing via PHP?

Seems to me like you could use git to fetch and store datestamped and
incremental blog posts. And thus, one could build a blog infrastruction
around this. Problem is, what if the hosting company doesn't provide the
git program on its servers, or it doesn't allow running external git
commands via a shell?

The solution would be some sort of "module" written in PHP which would
allow access to git objects, both the fetching, creation and updating of
them. The question then becomes, is there any PHP-based solution to
doing this, which is "fully-baked", as in, not half-built and then
abandoned?

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster