Re: Why so slow in Windows?

On 2014-02-10 18:51, Aziz Saleh wrote:
> It could be that Windows is just bad (or worst) than Linux at memory
> management? I would construct a similar c program (or equivalent) that
> does some processing (close to your php script) and see how it handles
> in both operating systems. Also if you don't mind sharing the link to
> the open source repo (if it is currently public) that would also be
> great (I might be able to run the test on my Windows machine, if I
> have time).

All the program is available from CVS:

http://cvs.icosaedro.it:8080/viewvc/public/phplint/
and click "Download this directory as GNU tarball"

or, from Linux:
$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous:@cvs.icosaedro.it/home/cvs/public
$ cvs checkout phplint

or, from Windows:
> setx CVSROOT :pserver:anonymous:@cvs.icosaedro.it/home/cvs/public
> cvs checkout phplint

then set the path to the php executable in php.bat as explained in the
README.txt file.

The test I made is simply to validate one of the sources of the program,
which involves the parsing of several other files, part included by
"require_once", part included automatically by "__autoload()":

> phpl stdlib\it\icosaedro\lint\Where.php
...(report here)...
Overall test results: 0 errors, 0 warnings.
Total execution time: 1 min 51.821 s

from which the time of 111 s reported in my original message.
The same, exact PHP script under Linux takes only a fraction of the
time, and I cannot figure out why.

--

Regards,
 ___