Re: form submit send SMS

For example using [GW]ammu is a simple way on Linux, see http://wammu.eu/.
It has a web interface too.
It's easy to call from PHP using exec().
Pre-written classes also available:
http://www.phpclasses.org/package/3865-PHP-Send-and-receive-SMS-messages-using-Gammu.html

Or it's possible to make a Perl script handles the GSM device. I really
love this solution.
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Device-Gsm/Gsm.pm

Good ways for own GSM modem.

...but there are lots of SMS gateway APIs. Some of them with free test
period and even could be cheap in case of bulk SMS sending.

*--Bálint Horváth*