Re: Trying to understand what is happening in this code

On 13-10-11 01:18 PM, Stuart Dallas wrote:
Sorry for the top post.

I don't see what's so confusing. It's not magic, it's a simple mechanism where anything not in PHP tags gets echo'd. There're is not conversion of the content outside PHP tags, and thinking there is will likely make it more confusing.

If you're asking because you want to know how it's actually implemented then you can read the source code or ask on the internals list. It appears to me that you're trying to make it more complicated than it really is or needs to be.

-Stuart

I think it can be confusing to newbies because it looks like a context switch when you move in or out of PHP tags. Thus to a green eye it might seem like previous contexts are disrupted (as his comment suggests when he thought the loop would be broken when switching out of PHP).

Cheers,
Rob.
--
E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.