Re: PHP vs JAVA

Tedd Sperling wrote:
I'm just trying to get documentation to back up my what I think I know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_languages_used_in_most_popular_websites may be a better starting point, but there are no citations to the facts, they are a little dated, and some sites are a little biased in their choices? Move to the top 40 sites and PHP fares a little better - http://rogchap.com/2011/09/06/top-40-website-programming-languages/ but but this data is a little dataed now. Personally I've always used the W3techs figures when I'm doing talks as it is the only consistent source I've found. The netcraft figures would be nice but they only run this intermittently, and last January's figure of 244 million sites at 39% of machines seems a little at odds with the W3techs ones? http://w3techs.com/technologies/history_overview/programming_language continues to show PHP rising at the expense of ASP and Java with Perl, Ruby and Python having trouble to stay above 1% combined over the last year.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL