Re: Saving session to database

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Lester Caine <lester@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Matijn Woudt wrote:
>

>> It seems to me the session functions are failing, probably due to
>> problems with
>> the database. Have you checked that there actually is a ##session table
>> in your
>> database?
>> You might want to add some debugging code to these functions, to check if
>> errors
>> occur with inserting or retrieving the sessions from the database.
>>

> Well past that stage without making any progress.
> Using the write function outside of the session_set_save_handler() it
> works perfectly, and then the read can see the saved sessions and can load
> them.
>
> I am convinced that something is wrong with the general setup which is
> preventing the write and close from firing when it should. I can not trace
> any attempt to call the write function in the session handling.
>
> I'm currently checking out the adodb-session handler which WAS working in
> PHP5.3 but seems to be showing similar problems in PHP5.4

Well, I'm not sure what would be the problem here, but some general
comments:
There have been various changes in session handling between 5.3 and 5.4, so
most likely it is in there. Check if there are any references to
register_shutdown_function, and replace them with session_register_shutdown.
Second, check the return value of session_set_save_handler, it is a bad
habit not checking return value of a function, just because it works.
If that doesn't help, take the session piece out of the big framework, and
test it in a separate file. If that also fails, you've got a small piece of
code you can post here which will encourage others to have a look at it at
their box.

- Matijn